OHSAA Tournaments To Continue As Scheduled
As more information is released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our country, the OHSAA is staying abreast of the latest information and is reviewing tournament plans, but at this time all tournaments are currently scheduled to proceed as planned, OHSAA Executive Director Jerry Snodgrass has announced.
“In the case of team tournaments, if participating schools and/or host sites are closed, whether it’s due to inclement weather or a health issue, we will work with our schools, host sites and, should the case warrant, our district athletic boards to reschedule contests,” Snodgrass said, “provided rescheduling does not adversely affect the next round of the tournament.
“For individual tournaments, like bowling and wrestling, we reserve the right to delay or reschedule a tournament when all factors related to the severity of the situation are considered and provided it is practical to delay or reschedule the tournament.”
Just as with other illnesses, the OHSAA is asking fans; participating coaches and students, and tournament officials and staff to do their parts in helping prevent the spread of illnesses. The CDC recommends these everyday preventative steps:
• Avoid close contact with those who are sick;
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
• Stay home when you are sick;
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol, and
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
“We are committed to the health and safety of all those affiliated with our tournaments and will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide any updates as needed,” Snodgrass said.
For more information about the coronavirus, including prevention and treatment, visit the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Streetsboro Boys Basketball vs Revere High School Thursday, March 5th @ 7PM Location – Stow Munroe High School – 3224 Graham Rd, Stow
Pre-sale Tickets will be sold Wed, March 4th during lunch in the cafeteria for students and in the Athletic Office until 5PM.
7TH Grade basketball @ Ravenna currently scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 5th has been changed to Wed,Feb 5, 2020.
Soccer, Golf, Cross Country and Volleyball – Thursday, November 21 – 7PM , High School Auditorium
Football and Cheer- Sunday, December 8 – 5PM, High School Auditorium
A limited amount of presale tickets will be available on Wednesday (lunch) Thursday ( lunch and after school until 6:00) and until 1:00 on Friday. Tickets can be purchased on line at the link below.
You will need to know when purchasing on line that we are in division III , region 9.
- Gates open at 5:30
- No Passes
- No Hundred Dollar Bills
- Pre-sale tickets can be purchased during lunch hours through your student on Thursday and Friday.
All media requests should be directed to our Media Coordinator Sue Stockard @ 330-626-4900 ext. 1035 or firstname.lastname@example.org