The Streetsboro City High School Athletic Hall of Fame Foundation shall be a memorial to the outstanding athletes, coaches, administrators, staff, individuals and teams that, through their achievements and efforts in athletics, have brought honor to their school and their community.
The purpose of the Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor the great athletes, coaches, individuals and teams that have brought honor and fame to Streetsboro City High School and those who through their service and efforts have contributed to the success of Streetsboro City High School athletics
- A nominee, if an Athlete, must wait a minimum of ten (10) years from the time of his/her graduation from Streetsboro High School and have earned a minimum of being selected 1st or 2nd team All-Ohio or place top three (3) in the state for individual sports.
- A nominee, if a Coach, must have been a head coach for a minimum of 10 years and made an outstanding contribution to the athletic program of the Streetsboro City Schools during his/her tenure as a coach.
- A nominee, if a School Official, must have made an outstanding contribution to the athletic program of the Streetsboro City Schools during his/her tenure.
- A nominee, if a Community Member, will be considered if he/she has made an on-going and significant contribution to the athletic program of the Streetsboro City Schools.
- A nominee, if a Team, will be considered ten (10) years after it participated and it has achieved the status of State Champions, State Runner-up or Regional Championship.
- Character and moral turpitude will be significant factors when considering a candidate.
The Selection Committee for the Streetsboro High School Athletic Hall of Fame shall include the Athletic Director of Streetsboro High School or their designee, an Administrator, a retired or long term Athletic Director or coach, one school board member, one booster member and two community members.
- Each individual or team must be individually nominated in writing with proper supporting evidence.
- Nominations may be made by anyone with the exception that no individual may nominate themselves and no member of a team may nominate the team on which he/she competed. Coaches may nominate the team they coached.
- There shall be no more than eight (8) individuals and/or teams elected into the Hall of Fame in any one year; Student Athletes – maximum 4 per year, Coaches – maximum 2 per year, Community Member/Volunteers – maximum 2 per year and Teams – maximum 1 per year.
- A majority vote by the Hall of Fame Committee is required for induction.
- No voting shall be permitted by proxy.
- Selections shall be made annually no later than June of the year in which inductions are to take place. The Committee shall coordinate induction ceremony in conjunction with a home football game.
The mission of the Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor the great athletes, coaches, individuals and teams that have brought honor and fame to Streetsboro High School, and those who through their service and efforts have contributed to the success of Streetsboro High School athletics and foster pride, preserve good sportsmanship, scholarship and citizenship in Streetsboro City Schools and the community.
The Streetsboro Hall of Fame Committee will be selecting the inductees into the Hall of Fame in June of each year. Selection to the Hall of Fame is based solely on an athlete’s achievements while at Streetsboro High School or if an administrator, coach, community volunteer or staff member.
Although post Streetsboro High School information is appreciated, the selection will be based entirely on what the nominee achieved while an athlete at Streetsboro High School. The Hall of Fame Board will select up to eight (8) inductees for each class. The selection of inductees is enhanced tremendously by having as much information as possible on the Nominee’s body of athletic achievements or service to Streetsboro High School athletics.
Nominations can be emailed to Streetsboro Schools Athletic Director, Randy Tevepaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a nomination that has not been selected, that nominee will automatically stay in the nomination pool for three (3) years. You are invited to supplement and update whatever information was previously provided in order to assist the committee. The induction will be held at half-time of a designated home football game.